Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
This is my setup:

Ryzen 7 3800x with stock cooler
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
32 gb DDR4 3200
Nvme 1tb SSD
Seagate 2TB x2

I connected two monitors (1920x1080 and 1280x1024) with adapters (Displaypot>VGA, and HDI>VGA).

The main monitor is the 1920x1080 (#1) which is connected by the displaypot adapter.

I noticed that the main monitor would went to black for a split second and came back. It occurs once in a while.

There is no heat issue. I think it occurs more when I first woke up, or started the computer.

Do you know what's causing it and how to remedy?

Thanks.

Solution
well hard to tell exactly but using some cheap adapters might cause this, as I can see you are using VGA only monitors which means they are old as well. My suggestion is just to grab new 144hz gaming monitor, but if u are not into that, try using only one monitor and check if problem occurs, swap adapters from one monitor to another.

mixito

Prominent
Nov 3, 2020
well hard to tell exactly but using some cheap adapters might cause this, as I can see you are using VGA only monitors which means they are old as well. My suggestion is just to grab new 144hz gaming monitor, but if u are not into that, try using only one monitor and check if problem occurs, swap adapters from one monitor to another.

Solution

ssal

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
The PSU is one year old
EVGA - 600W ATX 12V/EPS 12V 80 Plus Power Supply - Black

If it's the PSU, would it affect the other monitor too? But it doesn't.

ssal

Commendable
Aug 20, 2020
You are right that the adapters are cheap ones and they are prompt to have problem. And the monitors are pretty old too but other that the problem described, they function well with good color.

I am more incline to think the problem lies with the cheap adapter.