Monitor Blanking Out

All of a sudden when I click on the nVidia display logo the screen
goes blank then the menu pops up. Clicking on Advance/Settings...same
thing. Anyone come across this or now how to make it stop? I've
reinstalled my monitor drivers and 52.16 signed drivers. System is:

4200Ti 128M
52.16 signed drivers
XP + P1.8 G + 1G RAM

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

"Joe Billionaire" <JoeBillionaire@bigbucks.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden when I click on the nVidia display logo the screen
> goes blank then the menu pops up. Clicking on Advance/Settings...same
> thing. Anyone come across this or now how to make it stop? I've
> reinstalled my monitor drivers and 52.16 signed drivers. System is:
>
> 4200Ti 128M
> 52.16 signed drivers
> XP + P1.8 G + 1G RAM
>
> Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Try uninstalling the drivers first, use NFR (nasty file remover) to remove
the remnants of any old drivers before you reboot after the uninstall. NFR
is at www.guru3d.com . You might try one of older drivers for the Ti4200.
Several folks have had problems with the 50xx+ drivers on the Ti cards. Also
check and make sure that your refresh rate is not set too high.

Ed

"Joe Billionaire" <JoeBillionaire@bigbucks.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden when I click on the nVidia display logo the screen
> goes blank then the menu pops up. Clicking on Advance/Settings...same
> thing. Anyone come across this or now how to make it stop? I've
> reinstalled my monitor drivers and 52.16 signed drivers. System is:
>
> 4200Ti 128M
> 52.16 signed drivers
> XP + P1.8 G + 1G RAM
>
> Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Are you talking about when you click on "NVIDIA Setting" from system tray
that your screen display off / on? Also when you click on "Advanced" botton
from on "Setting" from Display Properties that will also cause your screen
display off / on? Are these behavior you are talking about or seeing? If so,
this is normal.

CapFusion,...

Your 4200 video card was not designed to use the newer FX-series drivers.
With that older card I think you'll find everything is OK if you use the
45.23 driver, which is stable with that card.

--
DaveW

DaveW wrote:

> Your 4200 video card was not designed to use the newer FX-series drivers.
> With that older card I think you'll find everything is OK if you use the
> 45.23 driver, which is stable with that card.

For the love of all that's holy, GET OFF THAT BIT! IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT
INTO THE CONTEXT OF THE DAMN POST!