Question Monitor blinks and reboots itself in a loop. What could be the cause?

Mattotk

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
Hello there, hope you are having a good day.

I'm having a weird problem since 3 days ago, I turned on the monitor and it started to blink showing the manufacturer's brand and then rebooting itself in a infinite loop.
It doesn't matter if the monitor is connected to the pc or not, as soon as it is On, the problem will occur.

The first day it happened I somehow managed to make it work by unplugging the power, hdmi and vga cables and reseating them multiple times until it worked (it took a few minutes and many tries).
The second day it happened again and I got it to work by doing the same process, after the second day I decided to leave the monitor On to see what happened, but my brother didn't know it was On and turned it Off and then On again and the problem is back.
I didn't dedicate those minutes to try this weird process again, so I decided to open it to at least clean it and check if there were any broken wires, it was dirty but I couldn't see any damage, I know nothing about this.

I did notice something, I unplugged the display's flex wire and it stopped blinking and rebooting.
Unfortunately I don't have a second psu for this monitor, so I'm totally blind now, what do you think?

The first video shows the blinking and reboot, and the second video shows how unplugging the flex wire does stop the blinking and reboot, there is a red light that indicates that the monitor is resting as is not detecting any source.

Blinking

Flex unplugged

Last edited: