[SOLVED] Monitor blinks when videos pop up

Apr 6, 2021
Hello everyone,
A few weeks ago I purchased the following:
HP Pavilion Gaming R5 1650 Super, 8GB/256GB Gaming Desktop Tower
HP 24f LED Display 60.5 cm (23.8") Full HD Silver

All was good until about a few weeks in. My screen would blink once whenever a video would pop up. For example, I would be scrolling through Netflix and it would blink whenever a preview would play. The weird part is that it would happen with every other video. I'm not entirely sure if all the drivers are updated since I am a bit ignorant when it comes to computers. Could it be a problem with the monitor? I tried downloading the HP diagnostics tool but nothing happened. Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version of Windows 10 are you currently on? You might want to see if your desktop has any BIOS updates pending. Following that, you should download the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site. thereafter, use DDU to uninstall your drivers, then reboot, reinstall GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version of Windows 10 are you currently on? You might want to see if your desktop has any BIOS updates pending. Following that, you should download the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site. thereafter, use DDU to uninstall your drivers, then reboot, reinstall GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: Lomein
Solution