Monitor Brightness and Pixel Question- What's recommended?

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
Hello community,
I am searching around for new monitors for my PC.

I am looking for 27 inch monitor with 1080p since I can't afford 2 x 1440p :(

Well, I was wondering what brightness I should consider when buying them.
Usually I have seen 250cd/m2 upto 350 brightness.
I am not sure if higher the brightness will produce sharper clearer image and if just 250 brightness is enough.

Second of all,

Does 27inch monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution cause your picture quality to go down because of the pixel related matter?

I am using double 22inch monitor and it will be worth upgrading the monitor both to 27inch.

I will be getting 1 TN panel for gaming and 1 ips for other stuff.
Could anyone recommend them too?

Thanks so much for your answers!

Solution
After 50-70" is when you'll want something higher than 1920x1080 which also depends on seating distance as the average consumer sits between 6 to 12 feet away, and rarely take advantage of what they're getting. Contrast, color accuracy, color saturation are far more important than resolution, which is why lower end 1080 can easily be beat by even a 720 display. As for your needs, you want a 27" 1920x1080 display, which means you want to sit between 3-4 feet max. Lastly, we don't see a budget yet to be able to recommend you anything. :)
After 50-70" is when you'll want something higher than 1920x1080 which also depends on seating distance as the average consumer sits between 6 to 12 feet away, and rarely take advantage of what they're getting. Contrast, color accuracy, color saturation are far more important than resolution, which is why lower end 1080 can easily be beat by even a 720 display. As for your needs, you want a 27" 1920x1080 display, which means you want to sit between 3-4 feet max. Lastly, we don't see a budget yet to be able to recommend you anything. :)

Solution

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015

Thank you,
Sorry for the late response.
I decided to go with BenQ XL2720Z monitor for my Main - Gaming etc..

Have not decided which ones to go for 2nd Screen which I want as IPS.

I've looked into getting Asus MX279 Versions.

Could you recommend any good quality IPS 27 inch monitor out there?

I know there are higher and lower quality IPS panels.
Even I heard, if you go with low-end IPS panel, it's better off getting higher TN panel.

Thanks in advance for your reply!