Pijmzhchus

Honorable
Jul 28, 2016
Hi! Right now I have Samsung Qled 27" 1080p 144Hz ( LC27FG73FQUXEN ) monitor and I want to know if its worth it to upgrade to an 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor. Is the clarity much better in person?
Im eyeballing Samsung Odyssey G5, but I´m not sure if the colors will be bad since it isn´t a Qled monitor.
I really like the colors and deep blacks of my current so I wanna at least this good or better in those departments. I would really appreciate recommendations!
Thanks a lot!

Solution
If two monitors have screens that occupy the same number of square inches and one is higher resolution than the other, then the clarity will be improved.

27 inches is considered by most to be too big for 1080p resolution and too small for 4K resolution. 1440p splits the difference somewhat and is considered the sweet spot by many for a 27 inch gaming monitor.

If you're worried about color, read reviews about the monitor you are considering switching to. If you're still concerned, go to a store where you can see it in person.
If two monitors have screens that occupy the same number of square inches and one is higher resolution than the other, then the clarity will be improved.

27 inches is considered by most to be too big for 1080p resolution and too small for 4K resolution. 1440p splits the difference somewhat and is considered the sweet spot by many for a 27 inch gaming monitor.

If you're worried about color, read reviews about the monitor you are considering switching to. If you're still concerned, go to a store where you can see it in person.

Reactions: dotas1
Solution