Monitor buzz

shoel

Distinguished
May 30, 2002
Just recently my monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond Scan 17HX) started buzzing as if the refresh rate was too low. The refresh rate was set to 75. When i set it to 85 the same thing happens.. as a matter of fact the only refresh rate it doesnt happen at is 60. whats up with that? I thought maybe my monitor was failing but i was thinking it could also be the video card's ramdac unable to produce a clean signal after 60Hz.
Anyone ever had this problem? Is it the monitor or video card?

Heres what i got:

AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Geforce 2 TI
256MB Micron
Enermax tower and psu
30Gb Hdd 7200rpm
Pioneer dvd rom
Plexor CD-RW

Do you have the ability to swap out a different card and monitor and retest to try and pin the problem to the actual problem device. Maybe borrow a friends to try it out if you don't have one yourself. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

shoel

Distinguished
May 30, 2002
No i dont because im at college. i have another monitor at home but not here. The video card is only about 2 mos old tho. My old video card is in someone elses computer.

Another thing that made me think it might be a vidcard problem, though, is that i recently went to a gaming place where a couple of thier computers were doing the same thing and they are running the same video cards.

TRENDING THREADS