Monitor can't detect HDMI?

tommy_88

Honorable
Jun 3, 2017
I was playing rainbow six siege and in the middle of a game my computer randomly shut off. At first it wouldn't turn back on but after around 5 minutes it turned back on. When I turned it on my monitor said no HDMI detected. And I let it sit for around a hour and it still doesn't work. I even friend a different hdmi cord that I know works and I tried a VGA cable, both said it didn't detect it. Also after the computer turned on the fan under the graphics card was really loud, it's normally way more quiet.

Solution
I plugged my PS4 into my monitor and that worked. I also plugged my computer into my TV and the TV recognized it and I could use it. I used 2 hdmi cords and 2 vga cords that I know work and the monitor still doesn't recognize it. Also the fan under the GPU got quieter and it sounds normal now.

tommy_88

Honorable
Jun 3, 2017
I plugged my PS4 into my monitor and that worked. I also plugged my computer into my TV and the TV recognized it and I could use it. I used 2 hdmi cords and 2 vga cords that I know work and the monitor still doesn't recognize it. Also the fan under the GPU got quieter and it sounds normal now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS