Question Monitor causing all sorts of issues with games and videos? Need some assistance.

agonydear

Honorable
Nov 26, 2018
So long story short, about one year ago when I upgraded my PC and went from VGA to DVI, everything like streaming videos and gaming suddenly started having some sort of a frame skipping. I’ve came to a conclusion that it was my old PC’s fault so I’ve bought a brand new PC, only to find out that everything still stutters. That’s where I quickly found out that it may be my monitor which is crap, honestly. It’s an old 1366x768 monitor. After playing with NVIDIA control panel, I’ve set the custom resolution to 1360x768 and some other settings (don’t remember which one, will check later as I’m logged on from my phone right now) and boom, videos are now completely smooth, not a single stutter, BUT, the games still skip the frame whenever I move the mouse too fast. As I’ve got used to it, I’ve found a different problem. Whenever there’s more action on screen in games, my mouse starts to feel a bit slow and jittery, even though FPS is still 60 (locked), as if it was actually dropping.

Now what I want to know is it also because of the monitor or this is something else. My PC is pretty beefy and can run most of the games maxed with consistent 70+ FPS, yet as soon as there is something demanding, FPS is high but the mouse starts to get jittery. So again, can my monitor be doing this? I’m nearly sure it is my monitor, that’s why I’m asking on this forum, but I want some assistance in this regards, so everything would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include system hardware specs and OS.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your PC's performance.

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Explore, navigate around, and learn what information is being presented. Do so while not gaming, then maybe some online activity, and then lastly while gaming.

While working and gaming just leave the observation window open but slide to one side on the monitor.

Play as usual but the objective is not to win per se.

The objective is discover or identify some bottleneck that is slowing system performance.

May be very noticeable in the graphical displays.

Also, if possible try another monitor on your PC. Try your monitor on another PC.

Determine if the skipping stays with your PC or follows the monitor.