[SOLVED] Monitor choices, some advice please, around $380 budget

DragonReborn321

Honorable
Jul 31, 2014
Hello, I'm almost at the end of my gaming set up purchases. I recently bought a 3080 ftw3 ultra with a Ryzen 7 5800x prebuilt (I know, prebuilt isn't ideal) and I'm looking for the best monitor for my tastes. I really enjoy single player, immersive, and visually spectacular games, so I figured a 1440p VA monitor 27" or larger is my best bet, hopefully one that has dark darks with little to no bleeding, warm corners or ghosting (if that's possible within my price range). There are so many brands, models, 1ms or 5ms, G-Sync or not, that I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm getting the impression that most monitors that are free sync or amd accommodating can also "unofficially" support G-Sync. Anyway, here are some monitors that I have been looking at and there are also numerous Viotek monitors that I'm iffy about. If you have alternatives to the ones listed below, please share. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

LG - 32” UltraGear QHD Gaming Monitor 32GN650-B
ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5" (a bit out of my price range)
ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B 27”
SAMSUNG Odyssey G5 C32G57T 32"

Solution
How much does hdr mean to you? LG HDR isn't the best from what I can see, I was going to get a LG monitor with HDR and ended up with a LG 32GK650F-B instead. Its a good monitor, just not 165hz so I am not sure how well it compares. Also lacks HDR

I don't know much about the other models.

I would watch video reviews by places that review monitors, not just unboxings as they won't tell you a lot.

Colif

Win 11 Master
How much does hdr mean to you? LG HDR isn't the best from what I can see, I was going to get a LG monitor with HDR and ended up with a LG 32GK650F-B instead. Its a good monitor, just not 165hz so I am not sure how well it compares. Also lacks HDR

I don't know much about the other models.

I would watch video reviews by places that review monitors, not just unboxings as they won't tell you a lot.

Solution