Monitor color is greenish even after changing color options in control panel?

new_2_tech

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
I have tried three different monitors so I am sure it is a computer issue. I have tried adjusting the hue, color and other options in the control panel and have tried with no luck changing and altering settings in nvidia contol panel. The screen is in a greenish state so I thought it might have something to do with the hue but no mater what I do I can't get it back to normal. I have updated the drivers in windows and was wondering if there is something else I can do? I know of slim drivers which I may try but wanted to ask the community if there is anything else I could try first?. Like I said I have tried three different monitors so it is not an issue with the monitor, is the graphics card toast?

new_2_tech

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

Ok so I found out that the video card is a geforce GT650- 1GB and the processor is a amd a6-3670 with radion HD graphics.
It has 8gb memory and 1tb hard drive. and is running windows 7 HP sp1. The three monitors we tried we 1) 19 inch led rca tv/monitor, the next was an LG 19 inch computer monitor and the third was 22 inch rca tv/monitor, all with the same color misconfiguration, the connection we used was through the VGA.Now I should also mention that it is my friend who is having this problem he lives nextdoor so I am trying to help him figure it out, according to him it started around the time his cousin installed windows 7 on his computer, I was thinking maybe he changed something in safe mode or something like that? Again like a said I am a beginner when it comes to this stuff but do have limited knowledge, I hope this info can help you help me find a solution. Thanks again noidea_77 :) Should I try slim drivers and see if it can fix the problem, or is there any other simpler solution?

The VGA cable uses separate lanes for the three colours. I guess one of the lanes is broken or or has contact problems. As you already changed the monitor side, try to "wiggle" a bit on the PC side of the cable and see if that changes anything. Or tra a different cable.

new_2_tech

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

Ok will do, if that doesn't work, do you think it could be a driver issue or graphics card malfunction? Or anything else? Thanks again I will post the result tomorrow.