Monitor connected via DisplayPort Not Sleeping properly

Klaus3331

Honorable
Apr 6, 2014
My assembled PC is connected to a Samsung U28E950D 4K monitor. The motherboard is Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7, it is using the intel 6700K integrated graphic. When I connect it through DisplayPort 1.2, the monitor just doesn't sleep properly. I set the "turn off monitor" timer in Windows 10 at 1 min to test it, the monitor does go into the standby mode, but a second later it turned back on itself with black blank screen and DisplayPort channel sign on the top right corner. Then it shut down again before going into an infinite loop like this. However, when connecting through HDMI 2.0 it behaves normally. I've updated to the newest driver and turned off OC and set the Bios to factory default (I even reset the CMOS and reinstalled the OS). I'm not sure whether the DisplayPort on the motherboard or the Monitor is the culprit. I just have to use DisplayPort as its colour is brighter than HDMI 2.0.

Klaus3331

Honorable
Apr 6, 2014
And when it's in the on/off loop, if I wake up the computer, it comes back to normal display. Also sometimes similar symptom happens when I restart the computer. I have to use the reset button on cases to get the display back to normal.

kwokdog

Reputable
Mar 9, 2017
Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue with my Samsung U28590D (assume that is the model number you meant).

Also what brand DP cable are you using? I'm using a TR from Amazon.... Considering trying another cable....

BTW I have EVGA 1080 FTW2 iCX

Klaus3331

Honorable
Apr 6, 2014

The problem was never solved. But it turned out that the problem was not due to the monitor, but due to the motherboard or the CPU. After I changed my system to Ryzen 1700 plus Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3, everything is fine.