Question Monitor connectivity options (older monitors to newer laptops) ?

Jul 7, 2020
Hi all.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching but couldn’t see these options specifically, but please direct me if I’ve missed it.

Like a lot of people I’ve been working from home but now need to ideally connect a second display, due to the work I’ll be doing. I’ve listed what I have below and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction please :)

I have a couple of older monitors, one with a VGA in, another with a RGB in (although I gather both are similar?).

My work’s laptop is a significantly newer Dell Latitude 5300 with two outputs for a display (I believe) - HDMI and one with the DisplayPort logo but it’s smaller than the style I’ve seen before for this type. The official Dell site says it’s a “USB Type C™ 3.1 Gen 2 with Power Delivery & DisplayPort (Optional Thunderbolt™3)”.

When I’m in the office, the laptop uses this USB Type C port to connect to a docking station, but I can’t bring that home with me.

I can take some pictures of all the connections if it helps. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS