Monitor cord question :)

G

Sorry, I know this is the graphics card board- but I didn't know where else to put this!

Ok, my monitor recently stopped showing the color "blue". At first I thought it was a problem with the graphics card, or that the monitor itself had taken damage- but it actually is the cord that runs from the monitor to my computer that is the culprit. My girlfriend and I have two computers and only one monitor, and my theory is that the cord had gotten too twisted up after being switched back and forth so many times. So now when I take the cord and twist it counter-clockwise the screen suddenly looks normal again- but only while I sit there and hold the cord in its twisted position. I've tried just twisting the cord itself around several times counter-clockwise and then hooking it up again, but no go. (I also tried hooking up a series of weights and pliers...but that didn't work either =)

So my question is, is there a way to fix this? And if not, is it possible to replace that cord somehow? It doesn't seem like the panel on the monitor that it goes into can just come off without a fight, and I don't want to force it unless I'm sure I won't damage it. Thanks! Oh, and the infected area is right by the large cylindrical plastic thing at the end of the cord, the end which connects to my PC. Thanks again!

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
How old is your monitor? If it is still under warrentee, you may be able to get it fixed, if not, go to the manufacture's recommend repair shop to get it fixed, oh, and if this involves shipping it somewhere, go out and buy another one as it would more than likely be cheaper. Most retail stores are selling 17 inch monitors for around $120, and 19inchs for under $200.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

G

I don't think my monitor still has its warranty, unfortunately. It doesn't work for me at all, the screen is constantly yellow (don't ask me why, since it won't let blue show up). Anyone else know if it's possible to get a replacement cord and install it myself? I did build my own computer so I have some level of experience with this sort of thing.

TRENDING THREADS