Monitor Crash While Gaming. No Signal. PC still running

Jun 19, 2018
Hello, I have seen this issue arise multiple times with different solutions and fixes however nothing has worked for me as of yet. PLEASE HELP.
My monitor crashes and goes black and then says No signal while playing video games.
This used to happen on occasion while gaming. sometimes months without it happening and sometimes a few times a day. I was certain it was GPU issue so I got a new one. (switched from GTX 780Ti to Powercolor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil). aaaaand now its even worse. the monitor can crash 10 times within 10 minutes and now I don't even have to be gaming for it to happen. Yet sometimes it can last for up to three days without crashing. (every time it crashes I have to manually restart the PC).
When the monitor crashes the PC keeps running with the sound still running in the background. All fans are working and nothing changes inside the pc except the GPU lights turn off (GPU fans and logo light keep running)

Rosewill LIGHTNING-1300 - 1300-Watt Modular, Active PFC Power Supply - Continuous @ 122 Degrees F (50C), 80 PLUS Gold, ATX 12V v2.31 & EPS 12V v2.92, Intel Haswell, SLI & CrossFire-Ready

Rosewill Full Tower Gaming Computer Case, support up to HPTX MB, Support Dual PSU, come with 8 cooling Fans - ...

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 88W BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAMSUNG 840 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7TE500BW

ASUS DirectCU II GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Switched to
PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 DirectX 12 AXRX VEGA 64 8GBHBM2-2D2H/OC 8GB 2048-Bit HBM2 PCI Express 3.0

G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-16GSR

Windows 10

I updated all drivers for everything. Everything is up to date. I tried different monitors, I tried different cables (HDMI, Display Port) I updated my bios, disconnected and reconnected RAM, cleared CMOS, I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers using DDU and reinstalling AMD drivers, used MSI afterburner, switched PCI Express power management to off. Nothing helped!! Please help me. I assume by now it is either the PSU or MB since it can work great for up to two or three days and then can crash over and over again withing minutes.
PLEASE HELP!!

Sorry, I'm kinda late posting a response, but I wanted to see if anyone else had ideas/solutions for your problem.
1. What brand and model monitor are you using? How old is it? What resolution are you playing at? and how have you connected the monitor to the PC - DVI, HDMI, Display Port??
2. Have you tried a known good working monitor on your system and if so did it do the same thing as the one in question ( the one you have been using)? Also, have you tried your monitor on someone's working PC to see if the problem recurred on their computer?
3. It is NOT uncommon to buy a new video card (nor power supply, hard drive etc.) and have it be defective from the start. Only really good way to verify a video card fault is just like I suggested with the monitor: Borrow someones known good working video card and try it in your system OR install your video card (both of them if necessary) into a known working PC and see if the problem still occurs.

Let us know if any of these suggestions help and/or what you find out: And welcome to Tom's Hardware.