Monitor crashes and shows green screen with stripes

David Halston

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
After overclocking the graphics card a little (just increase the card max power limit) and play some games I will get this issue. The crash doesn't seems to happen while in-game, rather afterward when i'm using youtube or browsing and such. Sometimes it comes back to normal, sometimes it doesn't. It also only happens to the main monitor and if i unplug the main display, the secondary monitor gets it.
I also paid some attention to the temp. My card get's around 80c under heavy load + overclock and 60-70c's without.
CPU is completely normal as i just got a new artic cooler 13 which drops it down to 40c's under load.
here's some pics of the issue
70KU5iK.jpg

0NJ02g6.jpg

My rig:

Intel Core i5 3470 3.6 ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7950 Sapphire Boost Edition
8 gb ram
600W bronze Corsair psu.

Please help and provide any insight if you can. Thanks in advance

KeelinTy

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
Make sure you have all of the correct drivers for it and make sure its compatible with your OS. I was reading into it and It didnt say anything about being Windows 8 ready. Only windows 7 and Vista. So If you have Windows 8 then that might be your problem.

David Halston

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

I do have windows 8.1 and i dont think that's the problem. There's a lot of problems with windows 8.1 that i experienced so far but nothing this severe

David Halston

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

Well thing is i really dont want to replace my 7950 as of now. It's been my baby for around 2 and a half years and it's gettin me thru lots of stuffs. I reinstalled windows multiple times and if I have to buy a new card, i'd be waitin for the new r9 300x series, since the 290x (which i considered) is still hanging around in the good and great performance scale