Question Monitor Dell U2717D and BenQ PD2700Q experience Eyestrain IPS panel?

Aug 18, 2019
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you for this incredible community and apologize for my poor English :)
I have an XPS 9570 (Graphic cards:Intel UHD Graphics 630; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti), Surface Pro 4, Asus FL-555, etc. and I was looking for an external Monitor to edit my photos and videos, after some research decided to buy an UltraSharp U2717D.
I have never suffered from eye strain, irritated eyes an feeling dry with any of my Notebook 15" in my life. After 5 minutes with the DELL I noticed that for me the whites were too strong, so I set the brightness to 0, after 15 minutes I couldn't work on the PC anymore (eyestrain) so I took a break for a few hours.
Back to the PC and although the brightness was 0 and I also lowered the contrast eyestrain cames again, then choose to switch at the Night-time option (low light blue) but I did not solve the problem. I tried other tests for a week but I haven't found the solution so I bought a PD2700Q Flicker Free Monitor thinking that was the problem (PWM).
I tried the BenQ but I have the same problem. I went to my Oculist for a check and he advised me same eye drops (helped me only for few minutes).
Both monitors are about 90 centimeters distance from my eyes, I have the window to my right and the problem came with natural and artificial light. I'm myopic (-2.00) and I tried with contact lenses and glasses, 0 results.
In the end I thought then the problem is the monitor with IPS technology but I'm wondering why I don't have this problem with any of my notebooks that also have an IPS panel.
Anyone know what to advise me or suffer from the same problem? Thank you!

However beyond my problem for who would like to buy these two monitors I can write my point of view:
Yes the two panels cames factory calibrated etc. etc. but in the afternoon I will do a calibration with X-Rite i1 pro display because for me the factory calibration was not the maximum of accurancy (setting both sRGB).
Left BenQ, right DELL.

i799oy.jpg

The Benq arrived with an embarrassing tendency to pink/yellow (clearly on the white a lot is noticed), after a calibration with the color management of Windows 10 it has improved just a little.
The Dell has much more accurate colors, but an incredible Backlight Bleeding / IPS glow but the big problem for me of this Monitor is the panel to much Matte.
The Text seem not in focus but always a bit matt (this problem was also noticed by my friends that I showed the monitor too, the eye is always looking for something in focus) I didn't solve by increasing the Sharpness and even with ClearType of Windows 10 or resolution native 2560x1440, zoom 100% 150% etc.
If you want more pictures I can do it :)

This picture is shot in manual exposure

33da5uo.jpg

I have an acer xf270hu ips 1440p144hz monitor and after hours of use, my eyes do tend to dry a bit. I do wear glasses with filters to prevent eyestrain though. I havent tried the blue light filter option yet, sticking with the warm color preset, because the blue light filtering makes it too yellow/orange

I too never really experienced that before, and this was my first IPS monitor, so it might be the panel type.

Aug 18, 2019
I have an acer xf270hu ips 1440p144hz monitor and after hours of use, my eyes do tend to dry a bit. I do wear glasses with filters to prevent eyestrain though. I havent tried the blue light filter option yet, sticking with the warm color preset, because the blue light filtering makes it too yellow/orange

I too never really experienced that before, and this was my first IPS monitor, so it might be the panel type.
Thank you for your reply! Probably the problem can be also the frequency

Reactions: extreme_noob