Question Monitor detected but no display

Mar 5, 2019
My monitors: Samsung T22D390 as main monitor, HP w1907v as second monitor. GPU: RTX 2060.
My second monitor is a really old one and it has only one output and it's VGA. Cureently I have 2 adapters, one is VGA -> DVI-I dual and then DVI-I -> Displayport. My main monitor is plugged in using an HDMI. So the PC detects the second monitor normally, I can see it in display settings, NVIDIA control panel, and also screenshots show the second montor but it simply doesn't receive signal and the display is blank. I've unplugged it and then plugged, I've had only the 2nd monitor plugged in as well and none of these options worked. Is it possible that the 2nd monitor is too old for my current GPU?

So you connect your second monitor with its VGA port using a VGA/DVI-I adapter, and itself is connected to a DVI-I/Displayport adapter, and then to the Displayport on the graphics card? Then I expect the issue is that the Displayport output has no analogue signal to convert, so the monitor doesn't have anything to display. It would require an active converter of some form for it to work.

Mar 5, 2019
So you connect your second monitor with its VGA port using a VGA/DVI-I adapter, and itself is connected to a DVI-I/Displayport adapter, and then to the Displayport on the graphics card? Then I expect the issue is that the Displayport output has no analogue signal to convert, so the monitor doesn't have anything to display. It would require an active converter of some form for it to work.
So i need an active DVI-Displayport adapter?

Or a straight Displayport-VGA active converter if those are made. The main issue, as far as I can tell, is the graphics card not having an analogue signal output. The digital signal has to be converted to analogue for the VGA monitor to receive an image.

Had there been a DVI-I port and a converter to VGA it would be fine because DVI-I carries an analogue signal.

Mar 5, 2019
Or a straight Displayport-VGA active converter if those are made. The main issue, as far as I can tell, is the graphics card not having an analogue signal output. The digital signal has to be converted to analogue for the VGA monitor to receive an image.

Had there been a DVI-I port and a converter to VGA it would be fine because DVI-I carries an analogue signal.
Guess I'll get the VGA-Displayport adapter. Thanks for the help and clarification.