Question Monitor died, GPU won't detect new HDMI display

Jun 11, 2020
So my monitor died a few days ago, I'm waiting for the delivery of the new monitor I ordered, but it's going to take a few weeks. So I decided to use my TV as the display for the time being. Didn't need HDMI before, always used VGA then DVI for my monitor, just bought the cable, plugged into GPU HDMI slot and TV HDMI port. PC switches on, I can see the usual delays of HDD activity and working light, but TV says no signal and that never changes. I've switched it to HDMI input, no signal all the way.

Does something need to be changed in bios to switch primary to HDMI? I've never had any issues with VGA or DVI, I'd just connect whichever and it'd be detected. Is it different for HDMI?

Would greatly appreciate some suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to read. Have a great day.

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Can you state which port you'd used to connect the TV to the PC? You might also want to see if the same cable works with a donor system/laptop's HDMI port to rule out a faulty cable. You could also try and borrow a monitor from your neighbor or friend to see if the display ports work.

Jun 11, 2020
We're going to need more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU: i3 2100
Motherboard: H61
Ram: 4GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: 1TB Western Digital
GPU: HD 5670
PSU: 400W Value Top, regular brandless PSU

Can you state which port you'd used to connect the TV to the PC? You might also want to see if the same cable works with a donor system/laptop's HDMI port to rule out a faulty cable. You could also try and borrow a monitor from your neighbor or friend to see if the display ports work.

I've moved into this apartment just before Corona outbreak and there's been minimal contact with ppl since bcoz of obvious reasons, so borrowing a monitor from a neighbor isn't really an option. My mates are a little far away so it'd have significant problems asking for and transporting the monitor back and forth.
I know I'm limiting the options, but I guess I can go back to the shop n have them check the HDMI cable if it comes down to it, all they had were VGA monitors and outputs. I think a faulty HDMI cable out of the box isn't very likely. I've run into a brick wall, don't have a secondary display to check things with.