Question Monitor disconnecting during use - signal not found. Have to restart my PC to get it on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamasg

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2012
Hi,

For the past week my monitor has been disconnecting randomly throughout the day and won't turn back on until I restart the PC from the power. The monitor displays "signal not found" and all sound cuts out from my pc, the rgb lights stay on the PC implying that it is still on but my friends have told me that I go offline on discord as disconnect as soon as it happens.

Temperature:
All the parts are cool at all times and stay below 60c, the times at which the monitor disconnects has no correlation to how hot any of my parts are.

Drivers:
I've updated my GPU drivers, mobo drivers , I've also checked the ram in the bios and updated windows to the latest version too.

Other Solutions:
I've put the GPU in a different slot, it didn't cut out as a quickly but eventually after a day of use the monitor cut out half way through a mission in GTA V
This is a new PC so all the parts are clean and dust free but I have tried to clean them out with some compressed air as well
I've checked all the power cables coming out of the PSU and all the connectors across the motherboard and peripherals
I have used a different cable and it still has the same issue
I have used a different monitor and it still has the same issue.

Only thing I haven't tried is a different gpu since I can't get my hands on another one.

SPECS:
MOBO: ASUS ROG B450-F
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2080 8GB
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2700X
RAM: CORSAIR RGB VENGANCE DDR4 1666MHZ 2 X 8GB
PSU: CORSAIR 750i 750W
M.2 WD SSD + 1TB WD BLUE HDD
Using DP cables for the monitors

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS