[SOLVED] Monitor Display Type

Jan 6, 2020
I am wanting to get a new gaming monitor to pair nicely with my RTX 2080 Super. I was looking at 1440p 144HZ with IPS panel. I've seen few IPS LCD panels, but not many IPS LED ones. Could someone tell me about the noticeable differences about the two, if any?

Solution
The only difference is in backlight. Monitors listed as LCD have fluorescent backlight, while LED ones have LED backlight. Both types of monitors are actuallly LCD panels, only the backlight is different - this does not make a difference to video quality as far as I know, but LED monitors are much more common nowadays, and fluorescent LCD monitors are being phased out gradually.
The only difference is in backlight. Monitors listed as LCD have fluorescent backlight, while LED ones have LED backlight. Both types of monitors are actuallly LCD panels, only the backlight is different - this does not make a difference to video quality as far as I know, but LED monitors are much more common nowadays, and fluorescent LCD monitors are being phased out gradually.

Reactions: Luke H./
Solution
Jan 6, 2020
Thank you very much, this was very helpful!