Question Monitor displays "No Signal" On my new PC - Solved

Dec 17, 2019
My Rig:
GPU: Geforce RTX 2080 Super
Mobo: x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
RAM: 8GB*2 Vengance LPX
CPU: Ryzen 5 3rd Gen Processor(PCIe GEN 4 Ready)
SSD: 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2
PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 550FM Semi Modular

So. This is my first PC ever and after 2 hours of work it was done. I plugged it in and it came up with a "No Signal" on my monitor. After extensive research I tried tons of things to resolve this issue. Things I have tried are; Plugging HDMI cable into the Motherboard after taking out the GPU. Starting it with one stick of RAM at a time, Unplugging the PSU and holding the power button, using a different HDMI cable, and switching the PCIe female and male arrangement.

And before I'm told to use VGA/DVI, neither my motherboard or my GPU have those ports. My motherboard has HDMI only, while my GPU has one HDMI and 3 DP ports.

Please help as soon as you can, I'm getting irritated trying to fix this for 3 days with no success.

Solution- GPU requires 650 Watt minimum. My PSU isn't strong enough.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019
First you need to check if the GPU is in your system. To do this do the following :
1. Use your motherboard HDMI
2. Open Device Manager
3. Look for Display Adaptors
4. See if the GPU is there
If it's not there, then there's only 3 possible causes (assuming cables and stuff are fine).
-Busted GPU
-Incorrect BIOS setup
-Bad Driver

I'm not an expert but I had the same problem and that's what the experts told me.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019
First you need to check if the GPU is in your system. To do this do the following :
1. Use your motherboard HDMI
2. Open Device Manager
3. Look for Display Adaptors
4. See if the GPU is there
If it's not there, then there's only 3 possible causes.
-Busted GPU
-Incorrect BIOS setup
-Bad Driver

I'm not an expert but I had the same problem and that's what the experts told me.

Nothing shows up when I plug HDMI into the motherboard either, so I can't open a Device manager I can't see

Nov 29, 2019
Wait.... if that's the case, then you might want to check your cables again. You might've interchanged some cables and fcked up the system because with/without gpu, your MoBo should be able to display something.

Dec 17, 2019
My 24 pin, cpu, and front panel connectors are all in in the right spot. The only other cords plugged into the motherboard are my USB, USB 3, and Audio cords. But maybe there's something I didn't plug in.

I was also told that AMD doesn't have integrated graphics and that's why plugging it in to the motherboard doesn't work. But I'm not sure how accurate that information is.