Monitor does not work with Displayport, but works with HDMI

Hammar

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
My setup currently involves a 1070 while my two monitors are a Philips 28-Inch (288 P6LJEB) 4k monitor and a generic 1080p BenQ monitor.

Issue: My Philips monitor absolutely refuses to detect my PC when I am attempting to use a displayport cable with it, but works just fine with HDMI, but I do not want to use HDMI as it is not capable of 60hz.

I have all of my drivers for my graphics cards updated, but am still not able to have the monitor recognize the connection.

I have also used 3 different displayport cables to test the issue and none work.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Both your monitor and GTX1070 support HDMI v2.0 which does support 4K/60FPS.

Your HDMI cable must be of sufficient quality (even if not rated for v2.0 it may work).

As for the DP issue my only thoughts are:
1. be sure you don't need to MANUALLY select DP on the monitor
2. try without the 1080p monitor if you haven't tried that.

3. test DP output of GTX1070 with other DP monitor, or monitor with another DP output (such as from an intel CPU if you can do that.. just connect to the motherboard, though MAY have to change BIOS settings if it doesn't detect things)

Ryzen doesn't have an iGPU.

Hammar

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014

Thanks for the heads up!

Turns out I am a bit of an idiot, but my new solution has left me with a worrying problem/realization.

I tried the second Displayport slot on the 1070 and it works!

Now, what worries me is why the first one doesn't?

vm81

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

Did you ever find a solution to this? On my gtx1060 first 2 DPs don't work. HDMI works and 3rd DP works