Question Monitor does not work with new PC

Mar 13, 2019
I recently had a new PC built and am having serious issues with connecting one of my monitors. When I first booted the PC I used a ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q that worked perfectly, as soon as I plugged it in it worked like charm. After setting up the PC and installing/updating all the drivers I wanted to add my second monitor (ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q) to use for a dual monitor setup. I connected both of them to my single GPU through the displayport connection and my second monitor just cannot get a signal. I've tried both DP connections with my main monitor to rule out faulty connections and it works fine on both. I've tried to connect the second monitor to my old PC and it works just fine there, I get a picture immediately. I'm at a loss for what could be wrong and was hoping for some advice.

For the record, I use a ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 motherboard and a ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti as my GPU.

I recently had a new PC built and am having serious issues with connecting one of my monitors. When I first booted the PC I used a ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q that worked perfectly, as soon as I plugged it in it worked like charm. After setting up the PC and installing/updating all the drivers I wanted to add my second monitor (ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q) to use for a dual monitor setup. I connected both of them to my single GPU through the displayport connection and my second monitor just cannot get a signal. I've tried both DP connections with my main monitor to rule out faulty connections and it works fine on both. I've tried to connect the second monitor to my old PC and it works just fine there, I get a picture immediately. I'm at a loss for what could be wrong and was hoping for some advice.

For the record, I use a ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 motherboard and a ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti as my GPU.
Does it support the monitors reselution

Mar 13, 2019

Not being lazy, but that's not my content so rather than copying it into my own words, there's the website itself. Hope it fixes your issue.
Thanks, unfortunately the pc does not even register the second monitor so fiddling in the settinga doesnt work :(

TRENDING THREADS