Dec 13, 2014
Hello.
I have a pre built computer with the following specifications
amd a4-3300
ecs a75f-m2 motherboard
ddr3 single stick 4g ram
500 gb hdd
500w psu which i got with the gpu which is r7 250
Overall a pretty low spec machine, but im not planning on heavy gaming, just simple games like counter strike GO and others.

But here is the problem. The monitor absolutely refuses to display anything after installing the r7 250. I put in an old nvidia 7300 gs, and it works fine, the monitor starts and from that i can tell the pci-e slot isn't faulty.
At first i thought my card was bad, and was planning on returning it, but then i got an old computer where to test whether the card is faulty or not. And surprisingly the r7 250 worked without any problems on an older computer with intel pentium 2160, 1gb ddr2 ram, and 350w psu inside.

At this point i have gone through every setting in the BIOS, reset cmos, flashed(updated) it, changed pci-e to primary graphics, disabled UEFI. Also i tried different monitors, power supplies...

Now im just frustrated and clueless on what else can i try in order to make it work.
The card functions, the motherboard pci-e slot functions, monitor works, psu is sufficient. I don't know what the problem is. Maybe its something obvious and simple and im just not aware what it is.

wfrfa

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

Sadly ive tried that, at times applying pressure to the card to really make sure its in, to no avail. Ive 2 chords which work without any problems.

wfrfa

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

The computer has been assembled by a company named ORDI. Not sure about the model name since it is not provided on their website, only the particular computers technical specifications, where the most important parts ive already listed.
I got the bios upgrade from the motherboard manufacturers website, where i downloaded the latest version. The bios is american megatrends.

wfrfa

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

Doubt they can come up with anything. Unlikely they'll ever release any bios updates for motherboards with that dying socket.
I think im just going to get new motherboard and a cpu next month, cause i doubt i'll be able to get the gpu working with the current setup.