Monitor doesn't start with Nvidia geforce 760

Laur Razvan

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hi guys I've just buyed a new pc.Those are the components:
CPU: intel i5-4670k
Motherboard: Msi 7821-015R (z87-g45 gaming)
Graphic card : Asus nvidia geforce 760
Ram: corsair vengenance pro 8gb (2x4gb) 1600mhz
PSU:Netzteil Seasonic 620W M12II-620 Evo Modular (80+Bronze).

The problem is the following . I own an old monitor (Philips 192E) that has just a VGA entrace. My graphic card does not have the vga entrance (it has just hdmi, dvi-i and dvi-d) . I used an adaptor that changes from vga to dvi-i but my monitor remains black. I used the same adaptor with my tv(last generation tv). Same thing it remains black. I've also changed the slot in the motherboard...Nothing works. I should replace the video card or buy a new monitor?

P.S. : I'm not sure if it's the adaptor that doesn't work or the graphic card itself. Thanks!

TStahler

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2013
I would first try replacing the adapter since it is the cheaper component, and if that doesn't fix the problem, RMA the video card since it has to still be under warranty. Then if that doesn't fix the issue, we can go from there.

I hope that helps.

TStahler

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2013
How about you flash the bios to the newest updated one from the manufacturer and go from there? Download it from the motherboard manufacturer website and load it onto a flash drive. Then while in BIOS, flash the BIOS with the newest one.

Pull the graphics card and run integrated graphics so that you can run the computer to complete this task. Then reinstall the graphics card and try again.

Cheers.