Monitor faxes from client Fax Console

Luke

Distinguished
May 24, 2001

This is the problem I'm having and I think it has to do with a security
issue. I've just set this up and have yet to get it working. I was just on
the phone w/ MS for 2 hrs for $35, but they've now pointed me to Win2003
support ($250). Anyways here's what we got.

1. I have a modem on the server and it's shared as a fax
2. I've added the shared fax on Win XP Pro and am able to send faxes fine
by simply printing from application such as Word. I am logged in as the
domain admin 3. External faxes come into the server and I can send them from
the PC and everything to this point works fine

What I want to do is monitor the faxes that come in from a remote PC. This
would be done from the Fax Console. Unfortunately, when I open the fax
console, there's a red x on the bottom that says all faxes are inaccessible.
When I double click on it, it give me a connection error status.

I had a similar problem. I had to install XP sp2 to get it to work.