[SOLVED] monitor flashes black and jitters ?

jessecarturan

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
Recently when I have been playing games, my screen has been glitching like in the movies were sometimes a chunk of a screen will jitter. that and every so often the monitor will turn off and on for a second. It's strange cause sometimes it will be completely fine for hours. Sometimes it will be terrible for hours. I also feel like it does it more when I'm not moving my mouse or typing, but I could be crazy. I have tried uninstalling GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling both 'AMD's' stable and optional drivers (separately). I have tried remounting my GPU (RX 580). finally I have tried a new cable in both the same and different GPU sockets. nothing has worked. Please help.

Solution
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What is the make and model of your display and how are you connected to it from the discrete GPU? Version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) at the time of writing?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? What is the make and model of your display and how are you connected to it from the discrete GPU? Version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) at the time of writing?

Solution

jessecarturan

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
Not connected from discrete connected straight from graphics card. I have an AOC G2460PF. I don't know what a power supply is, but it has worked fine for a couple years now. Do you think that might be the problem?