Question Monitor flashes colours

sundeath

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Recently got a brand new pc with a gtx1660ti. My current monitor is one of those Korean qhd with only a dual dvi connection on it.
I bought a dual dvi to dp connector to connect and when I did, the screen flashed a cycle of colours then nothing.
Could it be my monitor is busted? (used for about 6 years now) or could it be the cable?

Rook_4

Reputable
Feb 25, 2016
DID you test it with the old graphics card (connected via DVI)?
then it could be a faulty adapter(cable) or the monitors busted. you can try it with HDMI to DVI adapter if you want, or you buy a new monitor it is time for an upgrade its up to you.

Recently got a brand new pc with a gtx1660ti. My current monitor is one of those Korean qhd with only a dual dvi connection on it.
I bought a dual dvi to dp connector to connect and when I did, the screen flashed a cycle of colours then nothing.
Could it be my monitor is busted? (used for about 6 years now) or could it be the cable?

Not hard to see if it's a monitor issue or issue with the adapter, test the monitor with a system without the adapter.
Monitor was working fine before correct? Then you added the adapter with the new system and it had issues. Should be clear from that where to check on first.