Question monitor flashes on/off and i dont know why

Dec 9, 2022
when coming back to my computer, waking up my monitors has become an issue for me. as soon as i move the mouse my monitors come to life and immediately start flickering on/off for a solid 10 seconds. could i get any advice on how to fix this problem?

Dec 9, 2022
Check the obvious first. Are both ends of your video cable(s) firmly attached? Have you tried alternate video cables?
I just checked all cables, none were unplugged and all are firmly attached. I have not tried alternate cables yet (i don't have any). the problem is still occurring after securing the cables

Dec 9, 2022
Try alternate cables. BY the way, how many displays are you using and what type of connection (HDMI, DP, DVI, etc) are you using? Are you using any adapters with the cables?
ill try using some different cables when i can steal one from another computer in my house, which shouldnt be too long. i use dp with two displays (no adapters). there is also one cable that is attached to my monitors, that i know nothing about but my monitor wont work without

COLGeek

Cybernaut
ill try using some different cables when i can steal one from another computer in my house, which shouldnt be too long. i use dp with two displays (no adapters). there is also one cable that is attached to my monitors, that i know nothing about but my monitor wont work without
Take a picture of that cable and upload to a site like imgur.com and then post a link here. Aside from a video cable and a power cable, a display should not require another connection.

The only exception might be connecting an audio cable for speakers, or a USB cable to expand USB ports.

Dec 9, 2022
Take a picture of that cable and upload to a site like imgur.com and then post a link here. Aside from a video cable and a power cable, a display should not require another connection.

The only exception might be connecting an audio cable for speakers, or a USB cable to expand USB ports.
i was trying to recreate the problem and the only way i could get it to happen was if i went afk on new world. I have no idea to why this could be be maybe driver issues?