• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Monitor flashing black when TV is plugged in

Jul 3, 2020
I have a setup with one 1440p 144hz and one 1080p 60hz monitor which has worked perfectly for a long time on my GTX 1070. However, when I plugged in my 4K TV to the same graphics card I am having some problems with my main monitor. Occasionally (maybe once or twice an hour) when playing fullscreen games on my 1440p monitor the screen will go black for a couple seconds and then go back to normal. This happens regardless if the TV is on or not and it only ever happens when the TV is plugged in to the computer.

My question is if anyone else has had this problem and know the solution, and any other potential tips for fixes are greatly appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY