Question Monitor flashing black

May 21, 2023
My new ACER KA2 Series monitor is flashing black for seconds or more whenever I'm playing a full screen game. I've tried what's recommended elsewhere on this forum and reset audio settings, and I've reinstalled graphics drivers. Its probably worth noting that this is ONLY for fullscreen games, not windowed. This is a brand new monitor.

May 21, 2023
full specs of system and did you try to use it without driver only the generic os ones what are the back connection of monitor .
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.85 GHz
32GB DDR3
Radeon RX 580 Series

I am using AMD drivers

Back connection is HDMI

Sorry if I'm not as tech savvy as others on this board, just gonna do the best I can

May 21, 2023
Depending on when exactly this happens it may be perfectly normal. So, when those flashes happen? Give as much detail as you can.
The flashes happen throughout the game. I've tested with Golf with Friends, where it happens typically in the menu, when I move my mouse, though it doesn't happen in game unless I'm transitioning levels (though the levels are all rendered in the same space, so it's just teleporting my ball), and Phasmophobia, where it happens whenever I move my mouse too far or too fast. It does, however, work windowed for both, and the problem is only fullscreen. Fullscreen videos work, its just fullscreen games. The monitor is brand new, the last one fell and got cracked.

May 21, 2023
Additionally, these flashes aren't just the game, the entire monitor goes black (lights off kind of black, not just a lit up black screen), and it takes 1-5 seconds to go back to whatever was on the screen.

So it is more like random moments? Can you see any pattern to it? For example, does it happen when you alt tab out/into full screen game? If yes, is it only sometimes or always when alt tabbing?

In any case it could be a problem with HDMI cable so check another video cable in the meantime.

May 21, 2023
So it is more like random moments? Can you see any pattern to it? For example, does it happen when you alt tab out/into full screen game? If yes, is it only sometimes or always when alt tabbing?

In any case it could be a problem with HDMI cable so check another video cable in the meantime.
Got it fixed! I think the problem was that the monitor had audio input with the visual inputs, and I was using a HDMI to DisplayPort converter, so it was trying to force in audio inputs. I rearranged my cables and got it into a HDMI port, and now its working fine. Thanks!

Reactions: DRagor