[SOLVED] monitor flickering

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
HI folks! Quick question, I'm after hooking up a toshiba 32" tv as a monitor. when i turn it on it shows the boot logo as normal but after the boot screen finishes the monitor turns black and the channel number flashes on and off. Is there anything i can do to resolve this?

Solution
If your tv is 4k, you need at least a HDMI 2.0 cable for steady refresh rate. If it's 1080p try a different cable (it may be not working properly). Some tv's need to be set to 'source setting' PC to achieve higher refresh rate(according to my LG TV)
hdmi-video-formats-table.png

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
HI folks! Quick question, I'm after hooking up a toshiba 32" tv as a monitor. when i turn it on it shows the boot logo as normal but after the boot screen finishes the monitor turns black and the channel number flashes on and off. Is there anything i can do to resolve this?
sidenote, it was working until i changed the resolution.

matthijsv98

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
If your tv is 4k, you need at least a HDMI 2.0 cable for steady refresh rate. If it's 1080p try a different cable (it may be not working properly). Some tv's need to be set to 'source setting' PC to achieve higher refresh rate(according to my LG TV)
hdmi-video-formats-table.png

Solution