Monitor for gaming...refresh rate or Resolution?

Captain@Lake

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
This is the card I will be getting....Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card.

I don't have the money to get the monitor I want so which monitor would be best?

Acer K272HULbmiidp 60Hz 27.0" Monitor or Asus VG278HE.

I know a lot of you think 27" is not right but that is what I want. What should I value more refresh or resolution/

This is the build I have been working on....http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PFJQgs

Solution
I would go with the BenQ XL2720Z if you have the money but if you are straped for cash i would go with the Asus VG278HE , the 1ms response time on the BenQ would be ideal for gaming but the 2ms on the Asus is not bad either. It all comes down too what you are willing to spend for a monitor and if there are any other parts that you plan on getting for your build. If you have other parts to get then i would go with the Asus.

PC BUILDER

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
refresh is what i always value when looking for a monitor, what good is the size of the monitor going to be if everything looks like it is out of place. Also as with sports when it comes to HDTVs games run pretty fast so you want the monitor to be able too keep up with the pixlation of the game. So the higher the refresh rate the better.

Captain@Lake

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Which monitor do you like better? BenQ XL2720Z or Asus VG278HE?

Cheers

PC BUILDER

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I would go with the BenQ XL2720Z if you have the money but if you are straped for cash i would go with the Asus VG278HE , the 1ms response time on the BenQ would be ideal for gaming but the 2ms on the Asus is not bad either. It all comes down too what you are willing to spend for a monitor and if there are any other parts that you plan on getting for your build. If you have other parts to get then i would go with the Asus.

Solution