Monitor for pc gaming.

rabidpug12

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
What monitor is the best for pc gaming? Getting a gtx 970 with a new monitor and need help. ASUS VN247H-P, ASUS VE248Q, Asus VH238H, Asus VE248H. Trying to stay under 200 so i can get a better microphone as well. Mostly play LoL, any mmorpg and the new GTA when it comes out next month. Thank you for the help :)

Solution
That's a loaded question with no right answer. For instance, the VH248Q is basically the same as the VH248H, it looks slightly different, performs the same but the Q has a display port connection that the H doesn't. So best is not one better than another, but what you need.

I have a VH248Q and a VH248H and while I found the coloring slightly different, its nothing that wasn't fixed with a little bit of calibration. I don't use the DP, the connectors on the cables I have just don't like to stay in as good as the hdmi, so DP is a moot point there. I do however prefer the buttons on the Q.

What's best? For a 970, the 24" has a small edge over the 23.6" imho (no pun intended) so the 248's would be a better choice in Asus. Now just...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's a loaded question with no right answer. For instance, the VH248Q is basically the same as the VH248H, it looks slightly different, performs the same but the Q has a display port connection that the H doesn't. So best is not one better than another, but what you need.

I have a VH248Q and a VH248H and while I found the coloring slightly different, its nothing that wasn't fixed with a little bit of calibration. I don't use the DP, the connectors on the cables I have just don't like to stay in as good as the hdmi, so DP is a moot point there. I do however prefer the buttons on the Q.

What's best? For a 970, the 24" has a small edge over the 23.6" imho (no pun intended) so the 248's would be a better choice in Asus. Now just compare the models and figure out what suits your wants/needs/tastes as they are all quality monitors.

Solution