[SOLVED] Monitor freaking out, with horizontal lines flickering and black screens

grokestray

Commendable
Apr 9, 2018
So this started a while ago, but it only used to give me a black screen for 2 seconds and then come back, with no error message. Now, it's gotten worse. It seems to happen more often when I have certain programs open, but it's happened on the desktop as well. I have a GTX 1050 ti, i5 4460. Here's a video of it happening:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VSi42XqDlM&feature=youtu.be

Here's what I've tried:
First off, I turned on Geforce Experience Instant Replay, to see if it shows up on the recording as well. It doesn't. So that means it's not because of the gpu right?
I tried updating video drivers, lowering the brightness cause i heard that helps; plugging the monitor into a different outlet, using a different DVI cable and different monitor. NONE of these worked. I know this might be because of my monitor, but I'd like to know more before I go and buy a new one. Thanks.

Solution
I would RMA the GPU if you can before buying anything new. It sounds like it's going bad and since you tested a different monitor and cable it's probably neither of those.

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
I would RMA the GPU if you can before buying anything new. It sounds like it's going bad and since you tested a different monitor and cable it's probably neither of those.

Solution