Monitor freezes & corrupted graphics?

jwaddell

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Hello. I have a three year old rig that was running smoothly and experiencing no problems until yesterday, when I started to experience a few strange issues that lead me to think something is dying in my system. The problem is, I don't know what. Here's what's occurring: What seems like freezes/lockups in the video output or the monitor, which are only fixed upon a forced reboot. Sometimes, I've also seen corrupted graphics. Sometime I can boot up into Win7 without the freeze, other times it happens during POST. I originally thought it seemed like a GPU issue (bad GPU), so I removed my dedicated ATI card and tried the Intel integrated graphics which I usually don't use, and the same thing occurred. So, I don't think it's the GPU. The monitor is fine, as I have it working with another system without problem. I've also tried clearing CMOS. The system isn't giving any post errors or beeps. The motherboard is a Gigabyte G33m-DS2R. I have no idea what to replace or how to further troubleshoot this. The motherboard? RAM? PSU? Has anyone experienced similar issues or does anyone know what could be going on or how to further troubleshoot the issue? Thanks for the assistance!

jwaddell

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
I thought maybe, but I've been using it without problems with another system. I've tried the monitor's DVI, VGA, and HDMI ports. As soon as I use it with the problem system, I get lock ups. Any ideas?

Thiru15795

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014

hey buddy.....have you figured out what's the issue and resolved?? coz I'm facing the exact issue with my 4th months old rig :( please reply as soon as poss
my specs r:
amd fx6300 cpu
asus m5a78l-m/usb3 mobo
4gb ddr3 vengeance ram
zeb400 platinum series psu
msi ati r7 250 1G GPU (removed coz of prob)
thanks in advance :) :)