Question Monitor freezes while playing games then has trouble turning on

JijiFox

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
So from last week I've been having a problem with my monitor(could also be the computer). After playing games for like an hour(this has also happened while not playing games, but usually happens with games) my monitor goes blank(with barely visible stripes)and sound would freeze. If I wait for a minute or two it would come back, but with the screen messed up(everything would just turn into green, yellow and red colors, no icons) and then it goes black again. Note that I haven't waited to check if something would happen after that. So after the screen goes black I would force shut it. But most of the times after turning the PC on again monitor would not show anything(sometimes it acts normal and turns on). The light of the monitor would show that the PC isn't on, but mouse and keyboard light up, PC fans also start. And the only way to make the monitor turn on again is to keep turning on and off the PC until the problem gets fixed.

JijiFox

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
The PC is from early 2016. But would PSU issues cause the monitor to not turn on? And why does the monitor need several turn on and offs for it to show an image?

TRENDING THREADS