Question Monitor frequently shows Horizontal Lines only with Desktop computer - Flickering

Aug 25, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am facing a bizarre issue or may be known one. I am using Lenovo G-25 10 Monitor with my Desktop computer using Display Port Cable.

I am getting a Horizontal line at the top of my screen, same position. It flickers and disappear, after few minutes again repeating the same . I am using the same Monitor with My Laptop on the same Desk. when connected to my Laptop works perfectly. I was using HDMI cable for Laptop and DP cable for Desktop, so i thought it's a DP cable issue, so tried with HDMI cable with Desktop and I noticed the flicker even getting worse. So i concluded, no issue with Monitor, Cables and power supply.

So I concentrated on my Desktop to find the root cause, I thought some application causing this issue and checked with Task Manager, the flicker appears even on Task Manager. Finally I ended up with Display Driver issue but my Display Drivers are updated.

My Specs are :
Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1660 Super - Zotac
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB *2 3200 MHZ
Gigabyte B450M DS3H MOBO
Corsair CV 550 SMPS

Few article says to Re-connect the RAM and GPU but I am not sure this will help, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, this is my new Computer just 1 month old.

To make it easier, I confirmed that Monitor, Cables ( HDMI, DP ) are working fine and this something with My Windows 10 or with my Desktop. I even changed the Refresh Rate from 144hz to 120, 60 etc but no luck.

Thank you

ASK THE COMMUNITY