Monitor gets no signal after windows 7splash screen

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
So after almost 8months of not having a GPU when my MSI 970died, I finally have my nice new ASUS 1070 Ti, and was loving it!

I saw was because last night I saw I had a few updates for Windows that I had not installed yet, so I ran them and went to bed. When I woke up and turned my rig on the next morning....no signal to my monitor. I looked online to see if anyone else had this problem and what fixes there were...so I tried them all. Uninstalled drivers completely, reinstalled as fresh install, ran DDU, ran in safe mode, only installed the driver itself, verified PCIe as video output in bios...the works. Still no signal at Windows,

The odd thing is if I go into safe mode, it works just fine and sees the card, drivers, everything. I go to full windows, no signal. I can not figure this out for the life of me. Anyone able to figure out what might be going on?

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

Yeah...no sooner did I hit submit than I realized I didn't add this. lol

And here's my pc specs:
Tablet/Laptop/Desktop/: Desktop
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Motherboard: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
RAM: Kingston Hyper-X, 32GB DDR3
GPU: ASUS 1070 Ti
HDD: 1 128GB Crucial SDSD (boot), 1 128GB SSD, 2 Samsung 850 Pro SSD, 2 WD Caviar Blach 1TB HDD's
PSU make and age: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 (only 2 years old)

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

Tried....still having the same issue. Starting to wonder if the one thing I haven't tried...clearing the CMOS will work. It's just a pain for me to pull my rig out from where I have it to do anything to it, but I might have to.

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

True, but I bought an EVGA 1000w PSU just for when I get my SLI rig going, so I have way more PSU than I will ever need.

Letting Windows 7's Windows Update process have permission to update device drivers is just asking for problems.

Safe mode works. It indicates that a device driver that is being loaded in normal mode is causing the problem.

essex23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

True....which is why I have auto-update turned off. I manually, and stupidly, ran them without reading just what updates were being done.

In the words of the immortal philosopher Homer.... D'OH!

TRENDING THREADS