Jul 21, 2012
Hello,
the specification of my pc is
e8400 @ stock,
vip gold 500 watts PSU,
palit ati hd4850 @ stock
asus g33 mobo
dell LED monitor
whenever i start my PC, the monitor doesnt get signal from gpu(connected via dvi),(did switch off and on the monitor several times),but it still boots up to windows(i hear the start up and logon sound from speakers :)). this happens at random times,maybe during 6 of 10 start ups. have checked all the connections like gpu on mobo,and i found them to be well and good. it does happen that after i switch off the pc completely for maybe ten minutes, the display does show up if i am lucky enough.
but i have found that the onboard via vga does seem to work well, and never encountered such prob.
i am highly doubting the mobo(maybe some pcie prob,which i am not aware of,asus quality sucks..)
looking forward to invaluable help from you all.
thank you!

panwala95

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
hey friend that vip psu of yours is the culprit
i had one of those and it couldnt handle more 300-350w at load
i suggest you get a psu upgrade pronto
look for brands such as corsair , seasonic etc which can be found easily in nehru place
avoid coolermaster psus
they are no better than the vip ones...

koolguy_ani

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
thanks a lot!how about CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W?
could my gpu have worn out??i had never earlier faced this kind of probs, until now recently since the last one year!

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I have similar problems with my previous graphic card which is nVidia 7900GS. It is a sign that your graphic card is starting to fail. Changed to palit GTS250 after that.

As far as asus goes, mine is still going strong ever after 6 years. One of the most reliable mobo manufactures i've seen so far.

Before coming to conclusion, try to switch the DVI cable if u have extra and try it out with HDMI cable as well.

koolguy_ani

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012

afaik,if gpu is faulty,then it should never send a signal to the monitor..is it not so?

koolguy_ani

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012

just one query..should i rule out the mobo and proccy from the checklist??:)
because i need to purchase the parts asap...

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006

Mine stated with random black outs then follow by artifacts on the screen then poof.. it goes. Checked the fans on the card and they are still running when these happen as well.

Have u tried with different cables yet ?

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
My gigabyte 5670 did the same after about 1 month of usage. It starts up intermittently. Probably something wrong with the GPU output side but the pci-e interface side was fully good, so sometimes it booted to blank screens like yours. Eventually, several RMAs later, a replacement had no problems.