Monitor gets no signal on Bootup

JzX

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I've been experiencing a problem that started recently where my monitor gets no signal when my computer starts up. It simply remains a black screen but I can hear that my computer is booting up and has reached the desktop when it calms down. This has been happening every day after shutting my computer off for the night, the next day when I start up the computer the monitor doesn't work properly.

In order to get my monitor to work again, I'd have to shut off my computer (either press the power button or try my best to guess the shutdown path on my desktop) once if im lucky or a few times and I get the display signal again. This quick solution seems way too troublesome.

My only suspicions are either that my monitor is old and malfunctioning or my video driver could be the problem as I recently installed the new NVIDIA DRIVERS 285.38 BETA for Battlefield 3, and this problem started not too far from when I installed it.

Would anyone know why I get no signal for my Monitor when I start my computer?

Specs: i7 950, Geforce GTX 560TI, Sabertooth x58, 6GB DDR3 RAM
Monitor - LG L206W LCD

JzX

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I'm going to overinstall an older driver - NVIDIA DRIVERS 280.26 (latest driver for GTX 560 TI) for now and hope it solves the problem. If anyone has a better idea of the problem please share, much appreciated!

JzX

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

I can't find any section for VGA/PCI-E in my BIOS, only Boot Priorities for Hard drive, DVD drive, Removable Disk, etc