[SOLVED] Monitor goes black and says No Signal, then will either come back, reset, or stay in sleep mode and force me to shut it off

rdwalton

Prominent
Mar 13, 2020
Hey guys, I've had this problem off and on for probably a couple years now. I will be playing a game and the screen goes black and says no signal but can still hear game and then it will either:
1.Come back and I have to force close the game using task manager
2.Will reset my computer
3.Screen will remain into the no signal and will go into sleep mode

Things I have tried:
1.Removed and reinstalled graphics drivers
2.Ran RAM test
3.Replaced PSU
4.Got a new DisplayPort cable

Things that have temporarily solved it:
1.Defraged my hard drive and solved it for a few months(Now I have an SSD so no need to do this anymore)
2.Replaced PSU and didn't do it for a couple months then randomly started doing it again.
3.Replaced DisplayPort cable and problem went away for a few weeks then came back again recently.

I have also taken it to repair shops and they don't run into any problems with it when they have it and have run diagnostics and system tests and it passes all, so I am assuming it is on my side. Does anyone have any advice for me? This problem is driving me crazy.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 7700k 4.20GHz
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080
PSU: Corsair 1000w Power Supply
MB: Gigabyte ga-z170x-gaming 3
RAM: 16gb Cosair DDR4-3000 Vengeance LPX
Monitor: ASUS MG249QR 144hz 1080p
Windows 10

Solution
No it happens while actually playing the game. For example CSGO, after I am loaded in, it would usually happen while actually playing the match, not at the main menu or while loading the game.

And I dont have access to another GPU but I do have integrated GPU. How would I go about using that?
Try the integrated GPU. It shouldn't hopefully. The GPU might be faulty.

rdwalton

Prominent
Mar 13, 2020
I download them as soon as they come out usually through GeForce Experience. I havent tried different inputs bc I love the 144hz that DisplayPort gives you but I will try and if it works then I would assume its a problem with the monitor then?

rdwalton

Prominent
Mar 13, 2020
So using DDU, I haven't had the problem so far, it might've worked! But I wont get my hopes up yet bc it will work sometimes then will do it again randomly

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
It it still does it, remove any CPU and GPU OC. If you'r not then something is wrong with the GPU.
I agree with the possibility of gpu I’ve had a gpu fail like that the screen keeps cutting out turned out to be a bad capacitor. Of course I’m talking about a GeForce 5400 with electrolitic caps modern gpus have solid caps

rdwalton

Prominent
Mar 13, 2020
Does it happen during load only e.g gaming? Can you try the integrated gpu or another gpu?
No it happens while actually playing the game. For example CSGO, after I am loaded in, it would usually happen while actually playing the match, not at the main menu or while loading the game.

And I dont have access to another GPU but I do have integrated GPU. How would I go about using that?

Try the integrated GPU. It shouldn't hopefully. The GPU might be faulty.

Solution