Monitor goes black, (annoying) sound loop and pc restarts itself when running games such as Battlefield 4

Johannes Kuckertz

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hey Guys :)
I've been having a problem (for quite a long time) where when im gaming (GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660Ti ) high performance games, such as BF4, Watch Dogs, etc. and my game stops, monitor blacks out and there is "robotic" sound loop and my system just restarts itself. Now this is happening since quite a while (~5 months) and i've already posted 1 or 2 threads on this here before, but it never worked out :c. This crash happens also sometimes, but rarely, when im just using my pc normally to watch videos, write some stuff etc.
I suspected for a while the problem was actually from the Power Supply, but im really not sure wether it is it or the GPU, and in my country, PC parts (specially GPUs) are quite expensive, so it would be good to be sure of something :p

My full specs are:
Asus P8Z77-V
EVGA GTX 660Ti
Intel Core i7 3770k
800W Corsair Power Supply
1 TB HDD
128GB SSD

Edit: In Whocrashed, it's written that "nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 347.09 , NVIDIA Corporation)" is causing system crashes. So, its driver related ? What to do?

Hazinator

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
You need to disk defragment which will delete all the unnecessary files and bin files. It will tell you at the start what to delete and what not to delete if that makes sense. Type in disk defragment or disk defragmenter and try that although it may take a couple of hours xD

Johannes Kuckertz

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Hey, sorry for taking so long to answer. I defragmented it but no successful results :c It keeps crashing.
In Burn-In tests for my GPU it also crashed today (Furmark), so does it mean my gpu isn't working, my psu isn't supplying enough energy or something else ? ;-;

Hazinator

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

Johannes Kuckertz

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Thanks I would try them but look what happened: My pc now won't even turn on anymore xD Basically the PSU goes on real quick and seems to struggle to maintain itself on ( front LED panel indicating power dim up and down) and turns back off.
Then( sometimes) proceeds to try it again or just "gives up" and keeps off. I removes the GPU and this persists lol. Bad PSU?

Btw, im running Windows 8 64 bits

If the problem persists with the GPU removed-removed not unplugged- then it does look like the power supply, can you get hold of a working power supply? It doesn't need to be a big, powerful unit, 350Watts will easily be enough to boot the system with the graphics card removed.

Hazinator

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
It does seem to be your PSU for some reason as that should be able to handle your GPU easily. That's worrying. I would go for a different make next and get a 500w so there is room for upgrading.

Johannes Kuckertz

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Sadly I don't have access to any other PSU :c But Im considering buying a new 600W (maybe Corsair CX600M) PSU, just because im quite desperate to get this solved xD

Oh, and happy new year :)

Johannes Kuckertz

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Firstly, happy new year! :-D
Yes, im considering buying a new PSU just to make sure if this might solve it (I can't, unfortunately, borrow one). Do you think the Corsair CX600M is a good idea?

Derico

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

Happy new year to you, too! Im a little late to the party, but just to confirm what has already been said: ive had the exact problem that youre describing here twice and it was always the psu. Let us know if the borrowed psu made your pc work again.