Question MONITOR GOES BLACK RANDOMLY AND PC FANS SPIN LOUDLY--HELP

Mar 16, 2020
SPECS LISTED AT BOTTOM

Hello, I am hoping that anyone could provide me any advice with an issue that I have been running into quite frequently with my PC. Every now and again when I am on my PC, my monitor goes black and my fans begin to spin very loudly. After a couple of seconds of this, my audio also cuts out and I have to turn my PC off and turn it back on for it to work again. I built this PC around August of last year and did not start encountering this problem until about last December. I have tried a couple of things over the last three months but nothing has seemed to permanently resolve the issue. First I simply cleaned the dust inside of the PC (even though it was a very minuscule amount) and cleaned the dust off of the CPU cooler as well. The problem seemingly stopped for a couple of weeks but then started occurring again. I repeated the same process again and it went without the issue for another week or two before doing it again. Then I removed the CPU cooler and took my CPU out to look for any damage to it and I noticed that a couple of the pins were bent. I automatically assumed that this was what was causing the problem and bought a new CPU to replace it. It worked for another week without issues and so I was beginning to believe the problem was fixed and then last night it did it again. This morning I resorted to reinstalling Windows as I believed maybe there was some sort of corrupt file causing it to do this. It worked for the majority of today and then when I decided to play Fortnite, it instantly happened again. I have noticed that almost every single time it has done this to me I have been playing Fortnite so I believe it may be a graphics card issue but my knowledge on PCs is very limited so I am not sure if this is the case. The graphics card does not appear to be damaged in any way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully respond to this!

SPECS: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Gaming Video Card, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core processor, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU cooler, MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard, G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory, ADATA SU655 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Cosair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply, Corsair SPEC-06 ATX Mid Tower Case

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
Are there any overclocks on?
If so it might not be stable in game
If not I would recommend you take it to a technician as they can tell u what is wrong and h can send whatever parts into warranty

But if some of Ur pins were bent on the cpu then it may have damaged the motherboard pins so I would definitely send it in before causing more harm to the system

Mar 16, 2020
Are there any overclocks on?
If so it might not be stable in game
If not I would recommend you take it to a technician as they can tell u what is wrong and h can send whatever parts into warranty

But if some of Ur pins were bent on the cpu then it may have damaged the motherboard pins so I would definitely send it in before causing more harm to the system

There are no overclocks on. There is one single hole that the old CPU's bent pin messed up on the motherboard, but I was/am not sure if that was enough to have caused my problem.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS