Question Monitor goes black while gaming for 3 seconds and then comes back

khaani

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
So i recently build my new pc and after the build i started playing games. But while playing games the screen would go black for around 3 seconds and then would come back again. I have 3 monitors but only the middle one would go black.

I tried reinstalling windows, using diffrent cables, reinstalling drivers of my graphics card, but nothing worked. So i recently send my rtx 2080 back to get a new one and i still haven't recieved it.

They have send me a message that nothing was wrong when they tested it but they still send it to msi to get me a new one. So till i got my graphics card back i plugged in my old graphics gard (Gtx 980) Im now using it for around 10 days and the problem hasn't occured once. So i was sure that it was a defect rtx 2080. But for a diffrent reason i switched my 980 for my father's RX 580.

So i went and played games again and the screen went black again just like my msi RTX 2080. So now im really confused because the problem didn't happen to my Gtx 980 but it did happen with the RTX 2080 and RX 580. (My father uses the RX 580 to play games to and it never happend to him)

Please help me i don't know what to do, and im scared that when i get my new rtx 2080 from msi the problem will still occur. Please someone anything?

PC:
MOBO: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
CPU: I9 9900K
AIO: NZXT KRAKEN X62
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHZ
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO
SSD: T-FORCE DELTA 500GB X2
HDD: 8TB OF TOTAL STORAGE IN MULTIPLE HARD DRIVES
PSU: CORSAIR HX 850i
CASE: NZXT H700

Setup:
Desk: Selfmade. It is a door that ive painted white and put feet under!
Main monitor: Acer XF250q, 240hz
Side monitor's: 2X BenQ XL2411Z, 144hz
Keyboard: Razer Blackwiddow Ultimate Chroma V2
Mouse: Logitech G502
Microphone: Audio Technica 2020
Webcam: Logitech C920

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
no but that should not be a issue right. Why would my 980 not have the problem but my 2080 would, but i can try it
You can dial down the refresh rate in Nvidia control panel.

What's happening appears to be a driver issue with the monitor: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/498557/xg270hu-screen-blacking-out-randomly
It's a different model, but the problem is similar.
Something you can try: Go into device manager, double-click on monitors, right click on the 240hz monitor, and click on update driver.