Question Monitor goes green when I open Word or Adobe... GPU driver issue??? Help!

fishandbike

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
My build:
Msi Duke rtx 2080
I7 8700k 5.0Ghz
32gb ram ddr4 240mhz
256gb m.2, 3Tb HD, 1tb hdd, 300 GB hdd,
32gb optane memory
A pcie USB bracket with 7x USB 3.0
Msi sli plus z370
1000w corsair modular psu

I recently started seeing a bug where opening Microsoft office, adobe, or other select specific applications, changes the monitor to have a green tint over everything. It is not a problem with the monitor which works right up until I open certain programs. It will automatically start working clearly again after I close the applications. I have tried multiple cables, HDMI and Dport. I have reinstalled my GPU driver countless times. I am very confused about what could be causing this. Please help :)

fishandbike

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Did you install or upgraded any software or drivers prior to the bug ?

Does this issue happens every time you open one of those programs, or just sometimes?

Does this bug occurs if you running the OS in safe-mode also ?

I recently installed Intel optane memory and a wifi pcie adapter and did remove the GPU from the motherboard temporarily to install those devices. There is no new software GPU wise though. Recently the speakers will buzz like I'm about to get a BSOD but then it stops after ~0.5 seconds. Also the overclock became unstable when I was messing with the BIOS during the installation of the optane memory and wifi adapter. I reset the bios to default and redid the overclock which seems to be stable. But ever since I did all this work the green tint has been appearing. The screen only goes green when I open those programs and it is every time not some times, its works like clockwork and those programs are specific but theres no noticeable pattern, office and Adobe are made by different companies ya know? So it's not like my office installation is corrupt. I have not tried in safe mode. Could the GPU not be installed on the board correctly?

Last edited:
I cannot point out one single component that may be the cause of the issue, but it seems like you tell that this issues started after you did:
  • Overclocked the CPU (didn't go away when removing OC)
  • Removing and then re-seating the GPU card.
It may be something as simple as getting dust into the PCI-E tracks, so you can always try to re-seat the GPU again to see if it gets better.

If that doesn't help, try to run Memtest86+ to see if the ram modules is working properly. Memtest is also included in the Ultimate Boot CD tool kit, and also many of the popular Linux live-cd's.