Question Monitor goes into power save mode the moment it turns on.

Jul 15, 2020
Hello, I just made my first pc today and when I finished I turned it on and all of the fans are running smoothly, the led's on the motherboard are all on. So I connected the pc to a dell monitor in2030m and it turns on and a couple of seconds later it says entering into power save mode. There are three buttons on the monitor, one to turn it on, it seems as though two buttons are for input source, and the last one I am not sure of. I might also be good to mention that I got this monitor used. When I press the top button something pops up saying that there is no signal coming from computer, press any key on keyboard to wake it up, if no display press monitor button to select correct input source. I saw a couple of ideas saying to unplug the RAM and remove any dust but I just put it in about an hour ago and everything was super clean. Any ideas are helpful.

Jul 15, 2020
It is connected via a VGA cable. the monitor recognizes that it is there but it receives nothing from the pc. What I did realize however, is that the bios is not old and therefore not compatible with the cpu I have, so I will be upgrading it.