Question Monitor goes into standby and comes back with a black screen

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
My screen will blackout for a few seconds when it goes into stand by and comes back, but this will only happen in while Skyrim Special Edition. No other game does this neither does the desktop. Is this a hardware problem or a driver problem because this only started happening in the last 7 days?

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
CPU Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Deepcool - GAMMAXX GT 29.5 CFM CPU CoolerARCTIC - MX4 4 g Thermal Paste
MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio
Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case
EVGA SuperNova 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold
Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit
NZXT - SENTRY 3 Fan Controller
Acer XB271HU 165 Hz 1440p Monitor
Razer - Cynosa Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard
Razer - DeathAdder Elite Wired Optical Mouse
Rosewill 5.25-Inch Internal Card Reader
Bertech ESD Mat Kit with a Wrist Strap and a Grounding Cord, 18" Wide x 24" Long x 0.093" Thick, Blue
Razer Sphex V2 - Ultra Thin Polycarbonate Gaming Mouse Mat - Adhesive Base

Last edited:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Have you monitored temps? How hot are the CPU and GPU running when the blackouts happen? You can get GPU-Z from here, run it and minimize it and run the game.

Later, in sensors tab, you can see max temps for GPU and CPU after running this game and other games for a while. Also check temps if the system blacks out and comes back as you said.

Is sound/audio still on when it blacks out?

Do you have latest nvidia drives installed? What about latest Razer driver for the keyboard and mouse?

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
Have you monitored temps? How hot are the CPU and GPU running when the blackouts happen? You can get GPU-Z from here, run it and minimize it and run the game.

Later, in sensors tab, you can see max temps for GPU and CPU after running this game and other games for a while. Also check temps if the system blacks out and comes back as you said.

Is sound/audio still on when it blacks out?

Do you have latest nvidia drives installed? What about latest Razer driver for the keyboard and mouse?
Yes, the GPU is at 56C and CPU is at 46C, these are temps while the computer is blacked out. Nvidia drivers are up to date and all other drivers are up to date as far as a know. To answer your question yes I can I still hear audio coming from the speakers when its blacked out. Also I was going to make a note of this when I try putting the game in windowed mode the game and allow the monitor to go into stand by and make it go out of stand by, Skyrim Special Edition will freeze for 5 seconds then return back to normal. While this happening I am able to move my mouse on the desktop and navigate and open things such as the start menu but Skyrim Special Edition is still unresponsive while this is happening.

Last edited: