[SOLVED] Monitor goes off/black randomly, sometimes when i game or just browse

Oct 8, 2018
Hello There fellow people, my problem is when every time Im in-game my monitor just goes off randomly and i need to on it again, it doesn't go "no signal" or anything it just goes black or just goes off, tried updating my driver and even cleaned and properly connect things that needs to be connected, even is a brand new monitor

my Pc specs:
i3-4560 3.60hz
8gb 1600mhz
gigabyte ga-h81m-ds2 motherboard
palit gtx 1050ti 4gb
seagate 1tb
700watts power supply

Solution
It could be an overheating problem. rarely that is the case.

maybe it has to do with the monitor itself technically.

or it could be the video card that is at fault. (i don't hope that this is the case)

If you have another monitor, check if it occurs the same problem. otherwise your monitor is just faulty and have the right for a warranty replacement :D

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
So to confirm, you mean that the monitor shuts off by itself randomly while playing games, browsing on the internet or editing an word document as example?

I'm not a expert in monitors but it could just be the little power button on the monitor that is not correct and turns off the montior. that is what i think is happening here.

i could be very wrong aswell and might have to do with something else.

are you using an HDMI cable? or something else to connect your pc to the monitor?

just let me know and il try to help you :)

Oct 8, 2018

yes it just shuts off randomly

im using a 144hz monitor with a Displayport cable, sadly even if using the HDMI cable it still goes black or turns off randomly

i was using an acer 60hz monitor before, work perfectly fine with a DVI cable

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
It could be an overheating problem. rarely that is the case.

maybe it has to do with the monitor itself technically.

or it could be the video card that is at fault. (i don't hope that this is the case)

If you have another monitor, check if it occurs the same problem. otherwise your monitor is just faulty and have the right for a warranty replacement :D

Solution